Meets at 2:00-3:00PM every Wednesday (Virtually).
At present, all meetings are virtual due to COVID-19
The Computational Demography Working Group (CDWG) at the University of Washington meets weekly to provide an interdisciplinary forum for discussions of digital and computational approaches to demographic research. The workshop features a range of paper presentations, methods demonstrations, software tutorials and professional development. The CDWG is sponsored by the Center for Studies in Demography and Ecology (CSDE), the eScience Institute and OBSSR T32 Grant #1T32HD101442-01. We welcome anyone with interest in computational demography (broadly defined).
Zack W. Almquist, Assistant Professor of Sociology and Senior Data Science Fellow, eScience Institute & Core Training Director CSDE
Fall Quarter Meetings
- 2021-10-06: Welcome to CDWG
- 2021-10-13: Nicholas Irons, University of Washington. Estimating SARS-CoV-2 infections from deaths, confirmed cases, tests, and random surveys.
- 2021-10-20: Ihsan Kahveci, University of Washington. Talking about the Jab - Medical Professionals Expressions of Vaccine Hesitancy Online.
- 2021-10-27: Jon Agnone, Director of People Analytics, Tableau
- 2021-11-03: Jessica Godwin, PDL
- 2021-11-10: TBD
- 2021-11-17: Peter D. Smits, Senior Applied Scientist, Truveta
- 2021-11-24: CANCELED - THANKSGIVING
- 2021-12-01: TBD
- 2021-12-08: Last CDWG Meeting
Join the Computational Demography mailing list for news and updates.