Meets at 3:00-4:00PM every Monday.
At present, all meetings are virtual due to COVID-19
The Computational Demography Working Group (CDWG) at the University of Washington meets weekly to provide an interdisciplinary forum for discussions of digital and computational approaches to demographic research. The workshop features a range of paper presentations, methods demonstrations, software tutorials and professional development. The CDWG is sponsored by the Center for Studies in Demography and Ecology (CSDE), the eScience Institute and OBSSR T32 Grant #1T32HD101442-01. We welcome anyone with interest in computational demography (broadly defined).
Next Meeting 10/02/2020
Zack W. Almquist, Assistant Professor of Sociology and Senior Data Science Fellow, eScience Institute & Core Training Director CSDE
Spring Quarter Meetings
- 2021-03-29: Welcome to CDWG
- 2021-04-05: Matt Rafalow, Research Scientist Google
- 2021-04-12: Ott Toomet, iSchool, UW - Maximum likelihood estimation and R package maxLik
- 2021-04-19: Research Talk - Digital Divisions, Matt Rafalow, Research Scientist Google
- 2021-04-26: PAA Practice Talks
- 2021-05-03: Micheal Pollard, Rand Corp
- 2021-05-10: Brian C. O'Neill, Director of the Joint Global Change Research Institute
- 2021-05-17: Tim Thomas, Research Director, Urban Displacement Project, University of California, Berkeley
- 2021-05-24: Paul Smaldino, UC Merced - An Introduction to (Agent-Based) Modeling
- 2021-05-31: Memorial Day Holiday - NO Meeting
Join the Computational Demography mailing list for news and updates.